The International Stress Management AssociationUK is the leading professional body for workplace and personal stress managment, wellbeing and performance. A registered charity, ISMAUK exists to promote sound knowledge and best practice in stress management, both nationally and internationally.
Central to our activities is stress management training accreditation, and we also offer CPD for members, including professional updates. As part of our charitable work, we hold national and regional events, including National Stress Awareness Day, which has been celebrated every year for twenty years. This year, we are marking the special anniversary with a week-long programme of highlights. This will include our annual conference, an on-line global stress summit, a stress helpline, a Stress Fair, as well as many stress-related presentations in the UK and abroad - all timed for this particular week when world media will be focusing specially on stress awareness and mental wellbeing. See what is going on during International Stress Awareness Week.
Since its establishment over 30 years ago, ISMA's purpose is to:
- Raise the profile of stress-related issues, both in the home and workplace
- Combat the stigma often associated with personal stress
- Change attitudes towards the management of stress in the world of work
Through our register of professional practitioners, we offer support, in the form of training courses and coaching, to individuals as well within commerce and industry.
Charter for Wellbeing and Performance
As the recognised national association for stress management in the UK, ISMA promotes the Charter for Wellbeing and Performance.
We welcome new members.
Once you join, you are entitled to membership benefits including practitioner listing, referrals and professional updates.
Members within the UK and from overseas can profile their work and businesses at events.
Our accreditation service affords member's products our endorsement with a stamp of quality and recognition.
The Work of ISMAUK
Our work includes the setting of standards and encouraging excellence in workplace healthcare.
Key areas are:
- Applying criteria for acceptance into full ISMA membership
- Opportunities to apply for ISMA course recogntgion
- Promoting CPD [Continuing Professional Development]
- Providing and maintaining a national code of conduct
- Offering a network for those needing stress management support
- Establishing liaison with the Health and Safety Executive and other professional bodies
ISMA Conference, Events, Publications
We also specialise in the dissemination and exchange of knowledge through:
- Conferences and events (regional, national and international)
- Publication of an online magazine - The ISMAUK Stress and Wellbeing Daily
- Maintaining high-profile search engine ranking on the web
- Professional networking opportunities
- Educational product range
- Free information downloads through our website
How to Join ISMA
To find out how to join ISMAUK as an individual or as a corporate member, please click here.