If Stress Awareness Day 2017 is anything to go by...
• First-ever Stress Fair
• First-ever Online Stress Summit
• First-ever Online Chatbot
...our whole week of events in 2018 is going to be even better!
• Monday 5th November: Stress Fair: Virgin Active Health Club, London, EC2. From 5-8 p.m.
• Wednesday 7th November: All day Global on-line stress summit. Sign up here.
• Wednesday 7th November: All day national stress helpline.
• Friday 9th November: One day annual Conference, Royal Over-seas League, St.
• James's, London, SW1. Book here.
Hear All About it From Carole Spiers, ISMAUK Chair, Founder National Stress Awareness Day
"Stress Awareness Day 2017 was one of our most successful yet, with a number of new events, both live and online, all helping to spread our message ‘Speak up and speak out about stress’. Stress Awareness Day went international for the first time and I was very excited that countries from around the world took part, really putting the ‘I’ into ISMA. I'm delighted, as founder of National Stress Awareness Day back in 1998, that the campaign has grown to where it is today.
As ISMA celebrates Stress Awareness Day's 20th anniversary, we’re going to devote the whole week 5th – 9t h November to reducing the taboo associated with stress and mental health. Take a look at our WHAT’S ON guide here. ADD IMAGE OF WHAT’S ON GUIDE AND MAKE THE LINK DOWNLOADABLE.
We will update our list of events throughout the UK and around the world as they come in and post them on the site so you can see what is going on and where.
Our theme for 2018, Does Hi-Tech Cause Hi-Stress?, will look at two sides of technology: on the one hand, the stressful effects of the 24/7 lifestyle that technology has brought, and on the other, the positive contribution that technology can make, helping us manage our lives better. There is no doubt that technology impacts on all our lives, and it is appropriate that ISMA is involved in a debate about the positive and the adverse effects it can have, and how we can use technology to our advantage.
Ending the stigma associated with stress and mental health is an organisational imperative and ISMAUK’s focus for 2018 will continue to be to ensure that these issues remain high on the national agenda together with the promotion of wellbeing in the workplace.
Come on Board for 2018 - National Stress Awareness Day's 20th Anniversary Year! Tell us what you are doing so that we can add you to our list of events.
Remember to SPEAK UP AND SPEAK OUT ABOUT STRESS and use our hashtag #nsad.
Let's make 2018 the best year yet."
Carole Spiers FISMA, FPSA, MIHPE - Founder, National Stress Awareness Day, Chair ISMAUK.
BUY or DOWNLOAD ....If You're Planning an Event...
Make use of ISMA's resources to lend weight to your presentation.
1. Useful tips, questionnaires, fact-sheets and other stress reduction materials, downloaded free. Check for regular updates here.
2. Stress-test cards - a favourite ice-breaker with all groups. And much more too, from the ISMA shop
3. Posters and Flyers: Download and print posters yourself. Display before and during International Stress Awareness Week. Click here
4. Buy our Stress Awareness Week Training toolkit - including PowerPoint slides, delegate and presenter workbook. Ideal if you are running your own workshop / presentation.
5. International Stress Awareness Week Guide - 'What's on'. Find out what’s going on during the Week and see what you can do in your own organisation click here